What's in a name? Sometimes it's nothing more than history or tradition.
When the Men's Garden Club of Omaha was formed, many women were stay-at-home moms and housewives. If they joined a garden club, it usually met during the day. The Men's Garden Club provided an opportunity for men to join together at night to share their interest in horticulture. Today, many women work outside of the home, and like the men prefer a night-time meeting time. Women are welcome to join the club, and are equal members. Over the years, we have had many women serving as officers of the club. Like Boys Town, which serves both boys and girls, we have simply retained the original (historic) name.
Contact us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Will Soon Be Here!
And with it comes the beauty of spring bulbs
* Daffodils (also called jobquils) symbolize rebirth
* The botanical name for daffodils is narcissus
* In England, daffodils are called "Lent Lily"
* Daffodils are the 10th wedding anniversary flower
* In Wales, legend has it that if you spot the first daffodil of the
season, your next 12 months will be filled with wealth
* While a bunch of daffodils is a harbinger of good fortune, a single